Facts of Head Lice (Pediculus Humanus Capitis)
- Head lice are unpleasant and a nuisance but not a health concern.
- Head lice are not a sign of poor hygiene.
- Head lice can be contracted by anyone. In fact, among childhood ailments, head lice are second only to the common cold.
- A Canadian study published in 2010 by the Department of Pediatrics, Dermatology Division, CHU Sainte-Justine, University of Montreal, Montreal, QC, discovered a 97.1% resistance to over-the counter products containing pyrethrins or pyrethroid.
- There is NO 10-minute cure. Instead, head lice eradication requires time, a good lice comb, follow thru with a treatment process and vigilance. If done properly, your home should be head lice free in fewer than 2 weeks.
- Head lice can be very difficult to see because they blend in with the color of hair. Use natural light and a magnifying glass to spot them.